Why is it known as the universal adsorbent?
Activated carbon is a unique material. You can find no other materials on Earth, natural or artificial, that can do what it can do.
Unique features of Activated carbon:
- Has a capacity for adsorpiton of “some of almost any vapor”.
- Has a large capacity for organic molecules, especially solvents.
- Will adsorb and retain a wide variety of chemicals at the same time.
- Has an extremely large capacity to destroy ozone.
- Works well under a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions.
- Adsorbs odours and chemicals preferentially to moisture
- Can be used as a carrier of one material to attract and hold or react with another material.